- Airport shuttle from Faro to the Eco lodge. Light buffet lunch is served, followed by a short circular walk of the local area. Take a swim in the refreshing Atlantic ocean or just have a break in the quaint beach bar. Dinner is served after an afternoon's relaxation and some time to wash off the days travels.Day 2
- Walk the south coast. This is a spectacular day of coastal walking, Calm seas, aquamarine waters and beautifully white beaches. Walk along Greek style sea cliffs with old forts, quaint white fishing villages and beautiful long white beaches.
The walking is invigorating, dropping from cliff to beach several times. Take a towel and bather for a dip in the ocean along the way. Walk duration: 3.5-4 hours.Transfer back to base 15min, and spend sometime in a hammock with a book.Day 3
- Inland walk. The temptation is to keep walking the coast, but to explore the inland, is to understand and visit the way of life in this southern part of Portugal. Farm land, small villages, Cork forests and massive wind turbines are some of the images that come to mind. Walk duration: 4 hours.Day 4
- South Coast towards Sagres and Cape ST Vincent. This is an easy walk along the final stretch of coast leading to the corner of Portugal. Along the way we are gifted with beautiful views. Sagres "Sacred" is the last village on the European continent. We spend some time exploring. walk duration: 3-3.5 hours.
Tonight we will visit the Cape St Vincent to experience a sailors sunset.Day 5
- River walk. Follow the river from the base, through valleys and forests, crossing the river several times, pick wild fruit along the way. Have a drink in Carrapateira, a small village and then walk continue to the Atlantic. Have a swim or just walk down the 4km pristine beach.Day 6
- A free day to try something new. Kayak a beautiful river estuary, try some climbing, take a boat trip to the SW most tip of Europe or visit one of the coastal towns for something more cultural.Day 7
- West coast walk. The west coast is very dramatic & wild; spectacular views, small fisherman paths, misty wild black sea cliffs, big surf, circling sea gulls.
Walking starts on the beache of Vila do Bispo. The day is spent traversing long white beaches & climbing big slate sea cliffs. The walk is long and demanding but the rewards are some of the most spectacular scenery in the world.
Walk duration: 5-6 hours.Day 8
- End of the adventure for this time. Breakfast, shuttle to Airport and fly home.Other highlights
Wine and cheese tasting.
Sunset trip to Cape San Vincent. Experts
Local guides and staff are what make our holidays so special. Consequently they encourage you to step off the beaten path and immerse your self in the experience. Fascinating architecture, history, spectacular views, great hospitality and local knowledge. On every trip you will enjoy a mix of must-see highlights and memorable experiences.Level of activity
Being a central holiday you only walk with your day pack, concentrating on enjoying the walking and your surroundings. Whilst certainly an active walking holiday. There are some long days of walking but the landscapes mean that height gains are not particularly large and the terrain underfoot makes for nice, steady walking.Walks range from 3-6 hours. All walks can be graded moderate.Comfort Eco lodge
Beautiful accommodations individually built, set amongst the forest Cork oaks views with rivers, dams & mountains. Each room has en-suite facilities. Common areas, lounge, dinning area and deck are all well poisoned and comfortable.Level of culture
Relatively remote, with small quaint towns and villages, new smells, tastes, Portuguese charm, you will be immersed into the local community.
Inland or on the coast you will come into contact with the traditional fishing communities or villages of a Portuguese lifestyle going back centuries. The modern world, tourism in particular, has not yet encroached on these parts.While most Portuguese speak English you will find their culture new & warming.Practicalities
We can arrange your airport transfers to and from Faro Airport.